Real Estate Broker and Owner
Curtis has over 35 years experience in the real estate industry as a property manager, real estate appraiser and investor. He has experience managing single family residences, large & small apartment buildings and small commercial properties. His management experience began as an on-site manager and later supervised management of properties of 20 to over 200 units including low-income subsidized developments. As a real estate appraiser he earned the SRA designation from the Appraisal Institute for excellence in real estate appraising.
Curtis is a member of NARPM (National Association of Residential Property Managers), Nevada County Association of Realtors, the local Chamber of Commerce, California Association of Realtors, and Rental Association of Sacramento Valley.
His experience includes:
- Taking a mismanaged 26 unit building, managing repairs, refurbishment and tenant selection to create a stable investment. Utilized existing unused space to create 2 additional units.
- Manage rent increases as rents increased but also recognized when rents were declining.
- Prepare budgets for properties as needed, reconcile on a monthly basis budget vs. actual.
- Hire and train resident managers and maintenance staff.
- Interview and hire contractors for major repairs and remodeling.
- As a real estate appraiser worked on a wide range of properties and locations.
- Experience in market research, able to read and recognize market trends.
His education includes: BS from Brigham Young University, special emphasis real estate, business and Public Relations. Also, an assortment of real estate licensing and continuing education courses over the years.
Courses and seminars required to keep my Brokers and Appraisers license current, as well as to stay current on laws and procedures to better serve our clients include:
- Fair Housing
- Trust Fund Management
- Landlords, Tenants, & Property Management
- Residential Market Conditions